Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day of Autumn

So today officially marks the First Day of Autumn. For me, this is something to be excited about - I love the fall season and everything about it: harvest scented yankee candles; watching the leaves start to change color; apple & pumpkin picking; the sight of pumpkins, scarecrows, and mums on front porches; opening up the house to feel the fresh cool breeze and much more. Regardless of the fact that I am almost six months pregnant (and have raging hormones), I am ready to say goodbye to icky-sticky, hot, muggy summer weather and put on a comfy sweater!

Allen and I had a pretty decent weekend - one of the first that we have had to ourselves in a while after several visits from friends and family (which by the way, we thoroughly enjoy). It was just nice to have the weekend to get a few things done around the house and enjoy a day out to run some errands and enjoy a lunch date - just the two of us. I have not yet gotten Allen to pull the interior fall decoration boxes out of the attic, but we did work on the getting the outside a little more festive.

No comments: