Thursday, November 13, 2008

Couples Night at Prenatal Yoga


I meant to post this last week after Allen and I had attended our first Prenatal Yoga Class together. I started prenatal yoga in my first trimester after discovering an advertisement for it in the doctor's office. There is a local yoga studio in town that is privately owned and even though they have two trained instructors in prenatal yoga, they had only started offering the classes in the beginning of the summer. There are four women in the class, two of which are related to the instructor who also happens to be the studio owner. I have to say that I have never had so much fun attending a class twice a week - it has been one of the best things I could do for my pregnancy. Up until last week, I had been attending the class alone, but since all four of us are all within a few weeks of eachother in our pregnancies (now all in the 3rd trimester), the instructor encouraged us to bring our husbands one evening so that they could see and experience what we had been learning that will better prepare us for labor and delivery. I was a little nervous at first bringing Allen, but we had a great time, I was so proud of him - he was able to see some of the different positions and poses that will help make me more comfortable during labor; the instructor even had the husbands get into those same positions so that they could appreciate how comfortable and relaxing they can be. I would encourage prenatal yoga to any woman during her pregnancy - I have thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to do something for myself, participate in a safe way to exercise, and spend some time with other ladies who are going through the same thing!

No comments: