Her room is finally in it's final stages! Once we got back from VA, Allen and I did a thorough cleaning of the crib and other furniture before putting the new bedding on. I have also spent a lot of time getting things washed and ready for her. The outfit above is what I think we'll be bringing her home in; something warm and cozy for your typical day in January. There are two more things that will need to be added to her room. The first is a ladder that Allen is building and will paint white. It will be used to lean up against the wall and display blankets and quilts that have been made and given to us. The second is the baby quilt that my mom is making with fabrics that will coordinate with the bedding and the curtain she made - it will hang on the wall above her changing table.
The baby shower over Thanksgiving was fantastic - thank you so much for all the lovely gifts; I have had so much fun giving them a place in her room and look forward to using them when she arrives. It was great to see everyone and I am very blessed to have such good friends travel on a very busy holiday weekend to come and see me.
I will be 36 weeks on Friday. I'm thinking that I'm ready to have this baby!


3 comments:
Aww it looks amazing! :)
It's so beautiful! You did a great job and I'm sure Emma is going to love it!!!
Man, that monogrammed blanket sure is classy... :)
Seriously, it looks so fab! I can't wait to see little Miss Emma sleeping soundly in there.
Post a Comment