Thursday, November 13, 2008

Emma's Nursery - Phase II

My mom has been down visiting for the week while Allen has been out of town. Every time she comes down she pretty much brings her entire sewing room to set up shop on my dining room table! This time her goal was to finish the curtain valance for Emma's Room. We bought the white panels seperately, which she will also be making matching tie-backs for from the material she used in the valance. I want the panels to be pulled back since we have blinds on the window. It came out so adorable! The fabrics she used we picked out together and will also be used in the Alphabet Quilt that she is making for the wall. All of these fabrics also coordinate so well with the materials that are being used to make the bedding for the crib - my aunt is working on that and she'll have that ready for me at Thanksgiving! I am so excited! Mom also brought down the glider chair that my mother-in-law was having reapholstered in a blue minky fabric. It is almost completed. She was able bring down the pad for the back and seat, but both the arm pads and the pillows are still being made. It came out amazing and it's so comfortable. The room is really coming along nicely - I can't wait to see it when it's all done.










2 comments:

Courtney said...

SO CUTE! YAY!!! I am so excited for little Miss Emma to get here!!! Great Job Mama Grimord and Mama Rolland on the nursery. It looks fab.

Michelle Hrudowsky said...

I love it! But why are there no updated pictures of that belly???