Thursday, January 8, 2009

Last Day of Work!

Tomorrow I will be 39 weeks! It's crazy to think that Emma's due date is one week away and pretty much all week I've been wondering if she's going to come early, be right on time, or be stubborn and arrive late. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, but at the most recent appointment I had last week I was 1 centimeter dilated and about 70% effaced - we'll be interested to see how much I have progressed in the last week!

Thankfully today was my last day at work so I am now officially on maternity leave and it has certainly been a long work week - it's funny how things can suddenly pile up from your coworkers when they realize that you only have a few days left in the office and you're going to be gone for a while. I did however leave today really feeling like I was able to get everything accomplished off of my what seemed like a never ending "to do" list that I've had going for about two weeks! My feet and ankles have certainly paid for it because once I've been able to finally put my feet up at night they are so majorly swollen that you can't even tell that I have ankles, my legs just look like tree trunks! One nice reprieve that I had this week was that my office did have a little baby shower for me yesterday after work. They were so cute and decorated one of the conference rooms with a banner hanging that said "Welcome Baby Emma!" It was a nice hour's worth of good conversation, really good ice cream cake, punch, and very thoughtful gifts. They had actually made it a "book shower" where each person gave me a favorite book that they either had from their childhood or read to their children - such a great idea and it even provided me with a trip down memory lane getting some of the books that I had growing up that I will now get to read and share with my daughter. Just to name a few, some of the books I received were I'll Love you Forever, Goodnight Moon, The Little Engine That Could, Curious George, and many more! Tomorrow, on my first day off, I have another shower to go to - the ladies that Allen works with and the spouses of the guys he works with are throwing me a shower at his office tomorrow afternoon. I know that I am due to get some pictures up so I'll make sure I do that this weekend; they'll probably be some of the last pictures of me before I burst!

While I am super excited to finally meet our little girl I am hoping that she'll give me a few days before she makes her grand entrance to get some extra sleep and do a little relaxing now that I don't have to do my daily commute and work a long day. My mom is in town, she and my dad and brother came down for New Year's. Dad and Thomas left on Monday and mom's going to be staying until we're pretty much ready to kick her out! She has been super helpful this week already and I'm just so blessed that she'll be here to help us out once Emma gets here.

1 comment:

florest family said...

oh my goodness---she is almost here! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures! The waiting at the end is the worst but she'll be here before you know it. Enjoy maternity leave and the little one!

best of luck ♥