Emma Grace is finally here! I know that others have posted updates in the last week since things have obviously been so busy and I haven't been able to post anything until now. All I can say is that it has been a long week, but one that I will always remember! The induction early last Monday went well and for most of that day we didn't know if she was going to have a 19th or 20th of January birthday. My labor took a lot longer than expected - I was hoping to get through it without the epidural, but after 9 hours of intense pitocin injection and labor contractions, I received an epidural around 6:30pm and was able to successfully dilate and deliver her by 1am the next morning on January 20th. Both Allen and my mom were in the delivery room and I would not have been able to get through it without them or the support of the nurses and my doctor - I was very lucky and blessed to have people there to help me and experience our miracle. Our stay in the hospital lasted until Wednesday afternoon and we have spent the rest of the week adjusting to our new arrival here at home. Kalea took very well to Emma from the start and hopefully will continue to do well with her - we are extremely mindful to give her enough love and attention. My mom will be here until about mid-February to help with things, Allen has a business trip for a week early next month so it will be nice to have the extra hands while he is gone. We are still debating on how and when we are going to get the rest of the family to see her whether it be them coming down here to visit or us going home while I am still on maternity leave. I start back up the first week in March.
The pictures below are starting from the hospital and the first few days at home, some of these you may have already seen from Allen's Facebook page.
Anyways, all is well here and hopefully I'll be able to keep posting pictures as much as possible over these next few weeks!
The pictures below are starting from the hospital and the first few days at home, some of these you may have already seen from Allen's Facebook page.
Anyways, all is well here and hopefully I'll be able to keep posting pictures as much as possible over these next few weeks!


3 comments:
She is just beautiful and you look amazing. I hope everything is going well. Enjoy every minute of it---it flies by! Congrats again and welcome to mommyhood! :)
You are like the most beautiful mommy ever and Emma takes after you both. Oh, so stinking cute!
I miss you and can't wait to meet your miracle.
Love,
Theresa
Congrats on your new baby girl! Enjoy each and every moment with her! All my Love Jess
Post a Comment