Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Baby

This year my 28th birthday landed on Easter. I had a WONDERFUL birthday - not only did we get to participate in all the Easter activities (next blog post below), but we celebrated with a delicious dinner and I received some very generous gifts this year from friends and family.

First, of course I got flowers from my loving husband.

Second, Allen and I decided to take our back patio as our spring project once it started getting warm. Originally we were going to expand our deck into something larger, but until we are able to afford that somewhat pricey renovation, we decided to take advantage of what we already had and make it suitable for sitting outside and having BBQ's. So, my parents were very kind and purchased a table/chairs/umbrella set and planter boxes. Allen built a gate for the stairway that goes into the yard and we have spent several hours doing some landscaping near and around the deck. It has turned out FABULOUS! We still have a few things to do in the yard and of course wait for our grass to freaking GROW - don't get me started, but we love it and have already had several meals outside!

Third, my in-laws and Allen & Emma went in together and purchased an island for my kitchen that I have had my eye on for months! He surprised me with it on Saturday so that we could use it on Easter and it's just beautiful and fits so well in our kitchen!

And finally, my dear friend Julie gave me a gift certificate to get a 1-hour Swedish Massage at one of the local spas in town - she's AMAZING! I've never had a massage so (truth be told), so I am so looking forward to it! Thanks doll!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes on Facebook!

Lovely flowers!

My island - it was Allen's idea to get a picture with me on it!


So pretty!

Back patio set!

Yes, I know the yard is brown - I hate clay and slopes, it sucks to grow grass here!

Cooking our filet mignon's on the grill

My flower box of herbs!

No comments: