Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Memorable Mother's Day

I could not have asked for a more beautiful Mother's Day - we had gorgeous weather and family to spend it with. We had a lovely Mother's Day breakfast complete with good food and gifts. Allen and Emma gave me a rose bush to plant in my garden, a Willow Tree Angel and a little art project that Emma made at daycare. Church was at 9:45 and then we came home to have a light lunch and enjoy the day outside. Sherry and I made a quick trip over to Lowe's (home away from home) while Emma was napping to pick up some more evergreens and perennials for the new garden that Allen and I made over on the far end of the property where we have a cluster of large trees. Allen was able to cut down a dead branch from one of the larger trees in our yard (another blog post) and do some other yard work this afternoon. We ended the day with a delicious dinner and some relaxation.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there - I am so blessed to have such a beautiful daughter and wonderful family!

Family photo
Mommy and her sugar-bean


No comments: