Monday, May 24, 2010

A Rolland Episode of Heli-Loggers

Over Mother's Day weekend, one of Allen's projects was to cut down a very dead and large branch from one of the trees in our yard - for some reason he has a pet-peeve with seeing useless dead branches on trees and felt oh so compelled to take it down the weekend of Mother's Day while his parents were here. Last time he decided to do this was back when I was several months pregnant with Emma and I literally stood in the driveway with a cell phone in my hand ready to dial 911 if something happened- yeah, wasn't going to do it again. I felt much better knowing that his dad was there to help with whatever he needed while several feet high in the air. Luckily he has all the equipment he needs to take on this lovely project and so before he decides to play Tarzan he politely requests for me to get the camera and take pictures of him in the tree- why? who knows! I guess he thought it to be important to document - whatever! Anyways, here you will find pictures of Allen climbing the tree...and also there are two bonus pictures at the end of Allen and his dad doing the dishes after our Mother's Day feast- NOW THAT is something to document!

Going up the tree....smile!

Still making his way up, up, up

There he is, almost to the dead branch (split in the tree)


I love this picture, as he hugs the tree for dear life, he is getting himself wrapped around the other trunk so that he can cut the other one down.

Some chainsaw action

And timber....

Mission Accomplished!


Bonus pics...weren't they sweet to do the dishes!

No comments: